Sunday, August 6, 2023

Book Review: Brutal Prince




Brutal Prince by Sophie Lark



Quote:
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."


Blurb: The Griffins and the Gallos have been battling for control of Chicago's underworld for generations. 

Their bitter rivalry reignites when Aida, the youngest and wildest Gallo sibling, crashes a party at the Griffin mansion, accidentally setting fire to the library. 

To stave off all-out war, her father arranges a marriage with Callum Griffin, eldest son and heir. 

Cold, ambitious, and brutal, Callum is determined to tame his headstrong bride. Aida is more than capable of giving as good as she gets- starting with poisoning Callum on their wedding night. 

In their struggle for dominance, who will break first?


My Personal Views: This book was just... wow. I mean, the book had great characters, my favorite being Aida Gallos of course. She is straight-up a firecracker. She made me cackle a laugh so many times, I mean that girl was so real. On the other hand, Callum Griffin was this cold and someone who always has a stick up his ass kind of a guy. Both polar opposite but, they made it work somehow. Where Aida is a fun girl, Callum is a strict man. I mean, dude was a politician, what else did you expect? 

Now that was a first for me to be honest, the main guy being a politician. I have read so many books where the main guy is either a businessman, car racer, student, etc. etc. but this is the first time I have read when the main male character is a politician. That was different. 

Something that I totally loved was their bickering and banter. That was good. Some scenes were spicy as hell, not going to lie. The plot and story was great. The side character were pretty good. 

One thing that I did find that did not worked out for me was their chemistry and I am not talking about their physical chemistry no, I felt the romantic chemistry was a bit missing. I think the author could have done a better job in that segment, in showing us a little bit more of their romantic chemistry. Because I feel, they had too much physical chemistry that kind of overshadowed their romantic one. I honestly feel the author could have done MUCH BETTER job in that. 

One more disappointment for me was when I found out that Nero and Nessa don't have another book and they have different books with someone else. I mean, WHAT??? I was rooting for them alright? I thought they would be paired together and we will get another book for them or something because I thought they would be perfect together. But they don't have book together? I was so disappointed. Of course, the author knows better, and if I give their books a chance, I might even like who they end up with. But... nah. They should have gotten together. In my world, they already are. 

Anyways, coming to our two main characters, they were perfect for each other. Oh yes, I also liked the pictures thingy that the author had in the book in different scenes. It really made me imagine their scenes better. Also, all the love to Callum for his sarcasm, it was always on point.      

Coming to the other books of our dear author, Sophie Lark, I might try Nessa's book which is the second part of the series called, Stolen Heir but I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. 


Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...