Sunday, July 23, 2023

Book Review: King of Wrath

King of Wrath by Ana Huang


 Quote: "Love wasn't always about the big moments. More often, it was tucked in the small moments connecting the major ones."


Plot: Dante Russo, a billionaire CEO, as arrogant and ruthless as they come. Vivian Lau, the jewellery heiress, the perfect daughter of Dante's newest enemy. A blackmail to Dante Russo is what brings them together and ends up in an arranged marriage. Both are different and the rude Dante is far from Vivian's idea of a perfect husband, as the same goes for Dante, he hates the perfection that Vivian is, or rather shows to be. Both did not planned to get married and neither did they planned to fall in love.  


My Personal Views: To be very honest, Ana Huang has done it again! She has come up with an another book which is as lovey-dovey as it can get. And by 'lovey-dovey' here, I only mean to say, it was as clichéd as it can get. The obsessed ex-boyfriend? Check. Arranged Marriage? Check. Hate each other but end up loving each other? Check. Possessive dude? Check, check & check. 

Not saying we don't love the clichéd stories, bro, we live for them. However, what I think this book missed is a well-planned plot line. This may contain spoiler, but I realize that the whole Mr Lau blackmailing Dante was great and it could have been a start of a great plot line as well, however, unfortunately Ms Ana Huang did not think so. 

The whole chemistry between the characters was great, background story was great, character development was great, dialogues were great, but what the whole book really missed was- THE PLOTLINE. 

Some might even say, that Ana Huang is not really popular for her plot, she is really popular for the romance in her books and I well- agreed. But, wouldn't it be great to have a whole plot to keep us hooked? I mean, how much can Vivian & Dante do to hold the story together? 

Though, I wouldn't call the whole story bad. It was great and well-written (writing wise) but.. you get the point. But, I still wouldn't forbade myself from Ana Huang's book, I mean she might not have great plots but I LIVE for her fictional male characters. Also, I heard that the King of Greed has one of the bestest trope of all- Marriage in trouble AND Groveling!!! Ms Ana Huang herself said that the amount of groveling that we will get in The King of Greed book is going to be insane. So, really can't wait for the launch of that book. I will be skipping the King of Pride book, I don't think that I am very interested in it. Anyways, King of Greed- come soon!

Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...