Friday, June 30, 2023

Book Review: Life's Amazing Secrets



Life's Amazing Secrets by Gaur Gopal Das


Quote: "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."


Plot: As Gaur Gopal Das and his friend Harry get stuck in traffic, they start to have a conversation about many aspects of life, from finding one's purpose in life to the key to lasting happiness. Gaur Gopal Das is a sought-after monk and a well-known life coach. Through many stories, some of which are based on real life, Das tries to answer different questions about life in a light-hearted way in this thought-provoking book.


My Personal Views: I got to know about Mr Gaur Gopal Das via Instagram reels (I know many of you Gen-Z's might relate lmao) however, I am not really someone who listens to life coaches or monks really, to be honest. However, when I got the chance to buy his book 'Life's Amazing Secrets' when I went to a book fair, I couldn't help but buy it. Probably because the last few self-help books I read, I ended up liking so I didn't really give it a second thought. 

Now that I have read the book, I can say I probably should have searched a bit more about the book. I am not really saying that I didn't like the book, it was a great read, not going to lie, however, many times while reading this book, I couldn't help but feel as though it was missing something. 

It is written and presented quite well and the instances and examples that the author has used when understanding one life rule are quite easy to understand as well. However, I felt like some of the instances and examples were a bit childish and some better instances could have been used to make it better. In the book, the author talks about the 4 principles that form the foundation of happiness in life, that is, work life, personal life, relationships and social contribution and how to balance them in life.

Overall, the book was good but it could have been better and could have used some better examples to make it a bit more interesting. However, I would say it was easy to read even though I lost interest many times while reading. 

Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...