Sunday, September 18, 2022

TV Show: The Boys

 




The Boys (Season 1, 2 & 3)


Quote: "When they're apart they're absolute fucking rubbish. But you put them together, they're the goddam fucking spice girls" 


Plot: A superheroes series, where the superheroes are not your good, kind and always helping hands but actually are corrupted jerks. 


My Personal Views: When you hear the word Superhero, you always imagine a good-natured guy who will always come to save the day. But this series shows you the face of your supes that you won't like at all or you never even imagined. 

If I have to use one word for the whole 3 seasoned series, it would be Badass. Oh, definitely badass. Each character is terribly badass. Let's be real, as much as you might hate Billy Butcher, you know he is a fucking badass. And, let's not forget our girls, Starlight & Kimiko. I mean that Season 2, last episode, catfight? I mean whattttttt....

That scene honestly left me speechless. See? That's what I like about this series, they don't show women as someone who should be kept safe or should be fantasized about, I mean, I love how the whole 'Girls are actually strong' is portrayed in the whole show. And thank god! They're not shown as weak girls who always need to be saved. On the contrary, Kimiko is shown to be the strongest amongst the boys (even though she is a supe) which I think is a first. 

Each character has their own story and their own demons to fight. I have a love-hate relationship with Billy Butcher. His sarcasm? Love it. The way he treats his pals? Hate it. You have to appreciate his sarcastic remarks, come on.  

Honestly saying, I did not think I would like it when I started seeing it because I did not even know what it was really about when I started it, but after seeing all of the seasons until now, let me tell you it was really amazing. Sure, it is very R-rated and has very disgusting scenes but eh, you gotta appreciate the plot though. 


Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...