Monday, September 12, 2022

Book Review: Twisted Games




Twisted Games by Ana Huang.


Quote: "Ours was a story destined for a tragic ending, but when you were already on a train headed off the cliff, all you could do was hold on tight and make every second count."


Plot: Rhys Larsen has only one job- to protect his clients. He is the new bodyguard of Princess Bridget. Rhys is broody and stubborn, qualities that Bridget hates about him. Rhys can see the fire that is Bridget Von Ascherberg, especially when they both argue. It is a game that might involve rules and hearts getting broken. 


My Personal Views:  When I started reading Twisted Games, I had expectations that it would be better than the first one as Twisted Love was cute but could’ve been better and Ana Huang served it just right. 

For me, Twisted Games was far better than Twisted Love, not only in the plot but also in the characters. First thing first, let’s talk about the plot. Just like probably Ana Huang’s every book, it was a whole lot of cliché (which I am not complaining about, trust me) however, this book’s cliché was a lot digestible. Scenes were obviously better written and better expressed. Coming to the characters, personally, I think Rhys & Bridget had much more chemistry than Alex & Ava ever did. There was cute and sarcastic banter which only helped in making their chemistry better. That whole hate-to-love trope goes good I guess (I am expecting it does because the next twisted book is filled with it). 

They introduced Christian in this one, which was kind of a surprise to me because I thought he would come straight in book 4 or 3, he was linked to Rhys another thing I did not expect. Talking about surprises, even though the whole plot was well-written but the story was something that was quite expected but the surprise came when I saw who was the real culprit behind the camera & video stuff. I mean, I seriously did not see that coming (especially for the PR). This twisted book was actually kind of nice to read, filled with cute Rhys &surely miss Bridget moments. I will surely miss their banter.

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/ 5






No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...