Sunday, September 25, 2022

Book Review: Twisted Hate




Twisted Hate by Ana Huang.


Quote: "I had closure but no one told me closure was such a bitch. It clawed at my bones and ripped a bloody gash through my heart until every breath became a battle. But instead of trying to assuage it, I embraced it. Because even though pain hurt like a motherfucker, it proved you were still alive, and it was only after it faded that you could finally heal."


Plot: Jules Ambrose is the best friend of Josh Chen's sister. Since the minute they met, they hated each other's guts and it has been the same ever since. Whenever you would see the both of them together, you find them bickering with each other. However, as people say, there is a thin line between love and hate. One night of passion leads to an agreement, enemies with benefits. But, is that all their relationship going to be?


My Personal Views: This book was..hm, how do I explain it? To be frank, I did not like it. There I said it. I guess, after reading Twisted Games I set the bar too high, which lead to disappointment. I mean, sure, it was cuter but for me, Twisted Games was much better. The banter between both main leads just did not feel natural, hence I just could not feel their chemistry.

The writing was surely good, but the plot was not. I had expected much more than what I got, that's the main reason I guess. The whole stealing and stuff just did not feel that much of an interesting story to me. For me, I sure felt Rhys and Bridget had much better chemistry than Josh and Jules ever did.  

Out of the whole book, I think my favorite part was when Josh apologized to Jules. I think out of the whole book that is where I felt their chemistry shined brighter than ever to me.

Even though this story was just not for me, I still am gonna read the last part. Stella and Christian's story is next!

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐/ 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...