Sunday, September 4, 2022

Anime Review: HunterxHunter (HxH) *Contains a bit of Spoilers*





HunterxHunter by Yoshihiro Togashi

Quote: "It was a minor change. Something somewhere shifted. If I had been this way from the beginning, while I am no god, what I could do with this world, No. Perhaps only now can I see it this way." 


Plot: HunterxHunter is about a boy named Gon Freecss who is set out to become a hunter and find his father Ging Freecss, who is a world-renowned Hunter himself. In this journey, Gon makes friends and also goes through life risking missions.   


My Personal Views: OH MY GOD, HunterxHunter is so good. Not going to lie, after I started it, I did not think it was going to be THIS legendary. Though my favorite arcs were Yorknew City and of course, Ant Chimera arc. My least favorite was the Greed Island arc. Let's first talk about why I did not like Greed Island arc. I think it was because it felt like more of a filler to me. I mean, sure, it was interesting to watch Hisoka working with Killua and Gon but Yorknew City and Ant Chimera arcs were much better. Now, talking about the Yorknew City arc, before watching Ant Chimera arc it was my top favorite. I mean, have you seen the Phantom Troupe characters? Each one of them has their own personality and I loved watching them. Kurapika got much more screen time in it so it was pretty good. And that scene where Chrollo waves his hands like he is the conductor of an orchestra, while the whole city burns? Cold, bro. 

However, Ant Chimera became my top favorite arc in the end. When I started watching this particular arc, sure, it was good. The fights were great and even when Gon turned berserk? It was going pretty good. But when I saw how Mereum and Komugi died at last? Bro, that broke my heart into pieces. Togashi has done such a perfect job writing Mereum's character. He made Mereum a legend, to be honest. I think this has happened for the first time in history when a villain died not because of a cold fight with the hero (even though he had a pretty good fight with Netero) but because of love. 

The changes that Mereum developed over time, the way his character was so well-written, and the way the whole of Mereum & Komugi's story was so well-written. God! They became my favorite anime couple for real. When I saw that Mereum had come back after his fight with Netero, I did not like it, to be honest. I thought his comeback would be kind of an insult to Netero's amazing power and I was filled with questions since Netero died who would kill Mereum now? But the way his ending was written, made me take my words back. I think the way he died with Komugi, both of them breathing their last breaths together, was so beautiful!!! Made me cry my eyes out. Also, when Mereum said what he said to Palm, about spending his few moments alive with Komugi. OH. MY. GOD. Was Mereum even a villain???



Coming to the last few episodes of HxH, I always thought whenever Ging and Gon will meet, it is going to be epic but at the back of my mind I thought it will be a, you know, kind of a heartbreaking reunion. But when they actually met?? That was so hilarious! And I totally liked this reunion better than having a heart-to-heart reunion. 

Then, when Killua and Gon parted ways, that kind of made me nostalgic, and also when they showed their whole story. At the end of it, they showed the whole storyline, basically everything that Gon and Killua have gone through. They also included Komugi and Mereum's story, which was so cute! 

When I see or read scenes or animes like this, so deeply well written. The first thought that comes into my find is how can someone come up with something so awesome? How can a human write something so incredible? I am all praises for Togashi's work. One of the best artists of all time.    

Also, I heart HunterxHunter is coming back! Super excited to see that too!

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...