Monday, December 11, 2023

Book Review: Powerless by Lauren Roberts

Powerless by Lauren Roberts


Quote: "He's devastating. Everything about him is stunning and sharp and stealing my breath away. But it's the way he's looking at me that suddenly makes swallowing seem like a struggle, breathing seem like a chore. I've never been looked at like it's a privilege to be in my presence,, an honor to hold my gaze, a gift to get a glimpse of me. Not until I met him." 


Blurb: The Elites have possessed powers for decades, gifted to them by the Plague, while those born Ordinary are just that, banished from the kingdom of Ilya and shunned from society.

No one knows this better than Paedyn Gray, an Ordinary posing as a Psychic to blend in with the Elites. When she unsuspectingly saves one of Ilya's princes, Kai Azer, she's thrown into the Purging Trials, a brutal competition showcasing the Elite's powers. 

If the Trials and the opponents within them don't kill her, the prince she's fighting feelings for will if he discovers what Paedyn is... completely Ordinary. 


My Personal Views: When I say I enjoy romantasy books, books like this is exactly what I mean!

First off, Paedyn Gray and Kai Azer make an incredible couple. The chemistry between them is truly special. My favorite part of the book? That's got to be Kai's flirtatious nature. He's both serious and not serious at the same time, making me smile, giggle, and even kick my feet in the air. Kai is hands down one of the best male leads ever.

If by some very weird chance, you end up with a man who thinks about you like how Kai Azer thinks about Paedyn Gray then, you know, you have won in life. Because the way Kai describes Paedyn is exactly what a woman wants her man to think about when he is thinking of her. 

The plot is exquisitely crafted, and I must commend Ms. Lauren Roberts for her impeccable writing. The storyline and characters are meticulously developed, offering a window into their minds with thoughts so perfectly articulated that it felt like peering into their very souls.

Now, here's the thing—I felt like Kitt developing feelings for Paedyn was a bit unnecessary. The story and the readers would have been just fine without that twist. Yet, perhaps Lauren Roberts has a master plan for this development in the upcoming books of the trilogy. Only time will tell.

The ending tugged at my heartstrings, I won't lie. But it didn't just leave me sad; it also pushed me to dive into second book of the trilogy as soon as possible. 

I am eagerly anticipating the chance to reunite with Paedyn and Kai in my imagination and on the pages once more. The journey continues, and I can't wait to see where it leads.

Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...