Sunday, August 27, 2023

Book Review: God of Malice


God of Malice by Rina Kent


Quote: "You'll pray to every deity on earth, but I'll be your custom-made merciless god. I might not process emotions normally, but if you hurt what's mine, I'll be the one to spit on your fucking grave."


Blurb: I caught the attention of a monster. I didn't ask for it. Didn't even see it coming. But the moment I do, it's too late.

Killian Carson is a predator wrapped in sophisticated charm. He's cold-blooded, manipulative, and savage. The worst part is that no one sees his devil side.

I do.

And that will cost me everything. I run, but the thing about monsters? They always chase. 


My Personal Views: After I finished reading this book, all I could ask myself was- what the fuck was that? And not in a good way really. 

Let me tell you, with all the praises I had heard, I expected a lot more from Rina Kent's book, but unfortunately, for me, it feels like Rina Kent is quite overrated. I mean, alright, I knew what kind of book it was and I had heard that her MMC's are always quite dark or morally dark, per say. But I really didn't expected what I got from Killian Carson.

I will try to wrap this up without any spoilers, like I almost always do.

When I picked this book up, I kind of knew what I was going into and after reading Haunting Adeline, (which I kind of liked) I thought I would have no problem liking this book as well. I knew that Killian is going to be a sociopath however what I didn't knew and was not at all prepared for was him having these serial killer vibes or urges. 

And let me tell you, having finished watching Dahmer on Netflix just a day before, I was not at all happy with diving into this book with a male main character, who kind of reminds me of that serial killer. I would not at all recommend watching this series before reading this book.

Anyways, if we even keep that whole serial killer vibes of his to the side, another thing that I did not appreciated of Mr. Killian Carson, is how he did not respected our female main character, Glyndon King's feelings. In one of the chapter's where we got to read Killian's point of view, he even calls her expressing her feelings and being angry with him "a tantrum". A fucking tantrum.

Now, you might have noticed my dislike for Killian from my above rambling. But, I did not end up liking Glyndon King, our FMC either. Look, I love a strong FMC in a book and sometimes I even like soft FMC but a female main character who is as dumb as her? No. No. 

I found Glyndon King to be a bit dumb and a bit weak. Bro, I don't think Killian has done one good thing for her in the whole book except for punching some bad guys. And the book is almost 450 pages long. But this girl still ends up falling for the serial killer dude??? Girl, no.

The only thing I liked in the whole book was Remi and he doesn't even have that many scenes. 

I thought about reading some other Rina Kent book even though I quite didn't like her this one, but after reading all the reviews, I don't think I am going to try one. 

Ratings: ⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...