Saturday, October 15, 2022

John Green just has a way with words.

 In life, you find very few people who you think can understand human feelings extremely well and even fewer people who you think can convey those human feelings extremely well on paper.

Asking questions about life that might actually matter, that's what John Green has been asking through his books.




Young Adult writer John Green is one of New York's best-selling authors. He has written novels like The Fault in our stars, Turtles all the way down, Paper town, etc. He started making videos on Youtube with his brother and eventually started writing. He still has that youtube channel which has now more than 34 Million subscribers. 

The first book that I read by John Green was The Fault in our Stars which was recommended to me. At first, I thought, it would be just another typical romantic book but I actually ended up liking it. 

(If I could I would have put the whole letter by Gus here <3)


More than liking the story plot I think, the way he writes is what attracted me to his books the most. Through his books, he talks about loss, grief, death, teenagers, and their emotions. It's the way he writes his teenage characters as well like he knows exactly what a teen feels at each particular moment and how exactly they would react. 

Then comes the quotes in his books. If you would say that most quotes that are quoted by people are from John Green's books, I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. I literally have to keep my pen with me whenever I am reading one of his books as I have a habit of marking my favorite quotes. If you would see my purchased books of his, you would find so many markings, which (to be completely honest) has happened while reading his books only, until now.

After reading Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters's story in The Fault in our stars (and watching it), I started reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson in which John Green co-wrote the novel actually lead to a big disappointment. I ended up disliking the book. After that, I took a long break not only from John Green but books altogether. 

But then after I started reading again, I ended up reading another of John Green's works, Looking for Alaska. I was not going with high expectations with this one after my encounter with the last John Green book, but ohmygod was it everything and more.


(Here, if I could I would've put the whole book <3) 


What I personally like about his books (to which many of his fans might relate) is the way he keeps it real. You know there is death and grief out there but there are friendships and love out there too, and he knows it to his heart. And I think he does an excellent job of showing the same through his words.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...