Sunday, August 14, 2022

Book Review: Ugly Love


Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover.


Quote: "Rachel was right. The pain will always be there. So will the fear. But the pain and fear are no longer my life. They're only moments. Moments that are constantly overshadowed with every minute I spend with Tate."


Plot: The main female lead, Tate Collins has just moved in with her brother to live for some time, where she meets Miles Archer, her brother's best friend. It wasn't exactly love at first sight for both of them but with time they both developed something however, Miles the problem is Miles doesn't believe in love anymore. So, they opt to go with the perfect no-strings-attached arrangement. They think they can handle it, but everything changes when real emotions come out to play, and unfortunately, promises and hearts are meant to break when love turns ugly. 


My Personal Views: I was looking out for my favorite genre when I stumbled upon this book online. Reading the summary, I was way too much eager to try it out, and I had heard only good things about Colleen Hoover's writing. So, I did the only thing I wanted to do at the moment, order it online.  

Now coming to the book, the favorite thing about the book was the writing done by Colleen and of course the quotes. I am a sucker for books with good quotes, and this book did not disappoint me in that aspect. 

The aspects in the book that I did not really like, was first, it was too much ex bounded and second, the female lead felt weak. When I was purchasing this book, I did not think this book would be so ex-fixated. I would have liked it if the book was much more focused on both main leads' relationship rather than the other one. 

Also, I think the female lead could have been more strong-willed and upfront. Personally, I like reading a book that has a badass female lead, that's what I think I did not like. 

Overall, the book was a great one-time read and the quotes really kept me hooked. For me, my favorite character was Cap. Yes, it wasn't Miles or Tate, it was Cap. I found him really wise and he gave Miles and Tate the best advice. I really need someone like him in my life, lol.  

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐/ 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...