Sunday, February 19, 2023

Book Review: Haunting Adeline



 Haunting Adeline by H.D Carlton


Quote: "I walked out of that House of Mirrors a completely different person. And after last night, I don't think I will ever be able to go back to the Adeline Reilly before Zade."


Plot: Adeline moves into her grandmother's house, which is said to be a haunted house since Adeline's great-grandmother, Gigi was murdered there. There is still no clue who killed her. While going through Gigi's letters, Adeline finds out, her great-grandmother had a stalker! And soon enough, Adeline gets herself a stalker as well. Now, since the moment Zade Meadows saw Adeline, he wanted her and when he wants something, he gets it by hook or by crook, even if he has to become her stalker.

And, the cat-and-mouse game begins!  


My Personal Views: First of all, this book is not for kids as it contains dark and mature themes. This book also ends on a cliffhanger and if you are not a fan of that, then I suggest you avoid this one. 

Now that we are done with the warnings, let me just tell you how much in love I am with Zade Meadows. The dude is dark for sure and has a couple of screws loose but the way he talks about her?? The best male point of view according to me, I've ever read. And above all, he is actually doing the world some good without having any backstory of his own. This was actually kind of what surprised me and I am still contemplating if I liked it or not. I mean, everything that a human does, has a backstory of its own which Zade lacked. I am still not sure if giving Zade not any story was a brave idea or a stupid one.   

The story overall was a mystery which I loved about it, kind of kept me on the edge of my seat through each chapter. The story is of course well written and my first read of the author. This book is really thick and at first, I was not sure if I will be able to read all of it but as the story progressed, I was hooked. 

Haunting Adeline screams the he-fell-but-she-fell-harder trope. I really enjoyed the book and Zade Meadows in that book was just like a cherry on top.   

I will be reading the second part of this book very soon, of course after I read some other books!  ;) 

Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/ 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Normal People by Sally Rooney

Normal People by Sally Rooney Quote: "Most people go though their whole lives, Marianne thought, without ever really feeling that close...